OpsSmart agribusinesses and food processors customers include multibillion-dollar complex operations, small farms and pack-houses. OpsSmart customers demand a premium price for the products by demonstrating that not only are their products safe but they are a premium product
Key OpsSmart benefits to agribusiness/food processors customers include:
- Ability to trace and track each CCP throughout the entire supply chain
- Ability to trace ingredients and raw material prior to receipt and the ability to trace the finished product through various middlemen to the retailer
- If there is a problem, rapidly and narrowly recall all products affected by the problem
- By providing trade partners and information on their products, OpsSmart customers demand a higher price for their products
- OpsSmart customers can rapidly comply with all audit requests from regulatory bodies and trade partners
OpsSmart’s retail customers require their suppliers to provide food safety and quality information prior to the products being shipped to the retailer. Retailers also use OpsSmart for competitive advantages.
The centralized portal mechanism enables retailers to enforce upload and collection of suppliers’ information in a uniform and standardized format while enabling suppliers to either upload data on-line or using the Electronic Data Exchange facility whenever and wherever needed.
Key OpsSmart benefits to retail customers include:
- Ensuring the food supply chain is safe and of the highest quality and meets all regulatory, industry and retailer requirements
- Complete visibility of the food supply chain
- know where all raw materials, ingredients and finished products are in the supply chain at all times
- Know the quantity of products in the supply chain at all times to anticipate shortages and oversupply of products
- If there is a problem with a food product, the retailer can rapidly trace the problem to the source as well as determine what other products may be affected
- OpsSmart QR codes allow retailer to educate the end consumer
- Proper cooking instructions
- Allergens in the food
- Links to videos and promotional materials
The OpsSmart Suite currently forms the backbone of the Thai Governments national traceability initiative. In addition, OpsSmart provides expert advice to the EU and Thai Government on the electronic sharing of information to facilitate the import and export of products.
Key OpsSmart Benefits to Governments include:
- Ensuring the food supply chain is safe and meets all regulatory requirements
- Complete visibility of the food supply chain – know where all raw materials, ingredients and finished products are in the supply chain at all times, including knowing each participant in the supply chain
- If there is a problem with a food product, the Government can rapidly trace the problem to the source as well as determine what other products may be affected
- Allows the Government to receive import/export documents prior to the food products arriving at ports
- Allows the Government to provide consumers with food safety and nutrition information
OpsSmart customers track and trace Halal certified products in the EU, Asia and Middle East. Traceability enhances consumer confidence the food they are purchasing complies with all Halal standards Key OpsSmart benefits for the Halal sector include:
- The OpsSmart traceability software traces all Halal raw materials from the origin through the entire supply chain bringing transparency and accountability.
- OpsSmart traces the combination of raw materials to ensure that there is no commingling of Najas ingredients according to the Shariah Law.
- OpsSmart tracks all Halal certificates for the entire supply chain including logistics